Monday, September 28, 2015

September 28, 2015

Well I have just been thinking a lot about this week and really it is hard not to think of you guys when my companion is a little homesick and is ending his mission. haha I think every missionary goes through that phase when they are ending but it is good expirence. What I am thinking right now is how I am going to end my mission. I still have a lot of time left and I really need to work hard to help these people. haha sometimes it is really hard to see someone ending but then that just helps you learn. I feel like I am developing a lot of attributes and feel like it is going to help me so much in the future. What I tell myself everyday is to keep on working hard until I die. haha but that is how it is going to be like when I get home. And the truth, when dad sent me that last letter with the whole apartment thing I freaked out. hahahaha but it was pretty funny and it gave me some time to think of what I am going to do when I get home. haha but right now I am just going to keep on working and I will think about that later. ha I am so excited to have my trials when I get home so then I can grow and I can learn what God wants me to learn. I can overcome any obstacle and any temptation that comes my way because I know that Jesus Christ lives. That is a knowledge that I will always keep in my heart that our Saviour Jesus Christ lives. Well this week was great and this next week is going to be even greater with general confrence. It is going to be crazy because there will be 3 new apostles. Really I am going to miss all those great men that served for the Lord but I am so excited to see who God has chosen to be his witness. Well this week we have been doing really good and we are teaching the people like crazy. I love teaching the people and it just makes me think of what a difference as missionaries we are making. I love bringing a hope into the lives of these people. Well this week we had transfers with the zone leaders and it was great to go into the leaders area. I went with Elder Cowan and my companion stayed in our area. Well that day was pretty fun and we did some pretty crazy but spirtual stuff. haha but it was great to share my testimony with everyone. It was pretty funny cause everyone was just looking at me and Elder Cowan because we are two americans that are just walking in the streets. Some of the kids here just like yelling hello gringo or how are you but also they start saying words that arent so good. hahaha I think it is pretty funny cause we just start speaking in Spanish to them. Sometimes we ask if their parents are home and they go and call them and we end up contacting the parents. It is really funny how god works sometimes because through small connections brings things to fall into place and those small connections turn into big miracles. I believe the best way to help these people feel the spirit is through their children and through their families. So many people here dont know that the family can be together forever. Every time we contact we bring up that families can be together forever. Even with the people that are kind of hard and dont really want to hear, I see their eyes light up and I know they want to accept it but always we have to go little by little. Wow what an awesome expirence and I love bringing that truth to everyone here. Well that is all I have for this week and I am really happy to preach the gospel. But wow it is almost October. How crazy is that. Oh and also my companion is going home the 6th of October. On the 6th I will have a new companion. Well I love your letters and your love.

Love Elder Nieman
 Making pizza
Eating Chaufa out of a bag...it was a lot of food!

No comments:

Post a Comment