Well there goes another week of the mission. I swear that every week goes faster and faster but when I am thinking about the time it goes super slow. Well this week was super fast and really there wasnt a lot of things that happend. I have a few things that happend that were awesome so I will just go ahead and tell you my expirences this week. Well first off I feel so awesome being a missionary. I realize that where ever I go I am always an example to everyone. I kind of got used to this but when I started thinking about it every time we are walking in the streets we have people looking at us and at times they come and talk to us but the thing is that they are always looking. Well yesterday in sacrament meeting the members were giving there testimonies and everything was good. Well I see this boy stand up. He is probably 7 years old and I remeber that earlier in the week that we ran into him one day and he was crying. I asked him what was wrong and he only told me that he didnt feel very good and felt lonely. So all I did was give him a hug and told him to go to his house to find his mom. Well he goes and this sunday he gets up to bare his testimony. He starts telling the expirence of me giving him a hug and when he went home he started to read his scriptures. He starts to testify that the scriptures give him comfort and that he can always read them when he is lonely. Also after that he started to thank the missionaries and started to say that he wants to be a missionary when he grows up. That touched my soul when he said that and really I felt the spirit so strong. I am so glad that we were able to find him and help him out a little. That was something really awesome and it was a reminder that I will always be an example to these people no matter how old they are. Also this week we got to find two new investigators. Their names are Jacky and Jasmin. They are really awesome and at first when we started to teach they were kind of hard to teach because they didnt really want to listen. But when we started to explain a little bit more of what we believe, they started to accept the teachings. At the end of the lesson they told us that they thought we didnt believe in the bible or God. hahaha It is so amazing to see how so many people think differently about this church but that is why we need to preach every day and help them understand the truth. Well I am so grateful for the spirit that helps me testify of the truths of this gospel and so thankful for my calling. I hope I can continue like this until I end my mission and then after my mission I can continue testifying of the truth. Well that is all for this week and I hope you week is great this week. I love you all and talk to you next week
Elder Nieman
Here's a little extra note that Josh wrote to his Mama and Papa :)
les amo mama y papa. jaja La mision es lo maximo y espero que siga asi. siento el espiritu cada semana y espero que pueda seguir ensenando a la gente haha well there you go some of my spanish. It is reallly cool cause I can speak spanish. haha
Peruvian food is probably some of the best food I have ever tasted. Well at least most of the food. haha but I love Lomo Saltado. That is my favorite thing
No comments:
Post a Comment