Wow I think the highlight of my week is happening right now when I am reading the letter from mom. Congrats to Parker Lowe. Woooooooo That is so awesome that he got baptized and I really wished I could be there but really it is so great that he made that step to follow Christ. You are the man Parker. I hope he knows that I am so happy for him and I hope he keeps on doing the things that he is doing. Well that was probably one of the biggest miracles that happend in my week. It makes me think about my baptism and then it makes me think of the people that we have baptized so far. It really fills me with joy and that motivates me to help more people make that decision to be baptized. Well so in this week there hasnt been a lot of things going on but like always I love searching for the miracles. Well let me tell you all that every week in the mission is different but that just means that you are recieving different kinds of answers to your prayers. This week was kind of hard because we couldnt find some of our investigators. I am sure that we will find them this week but this week nothing. haha but that is how it is. Well this week we got to contact a lot and really I love to contact the people here. Sometimes the contacts are super great but then others no. hahaha it is super funny sometimes because I feel like Elder Calhoun in the Best Two Years. Running around trying to make people listen. haha Other times the people just laugh because they have never seen an american before. haha When I started my mission that offended me but now I just laugh with them. Really I love looking back on the things I have been doing last year. This time last year I was preparing to leave for Peru and I had no idea what I was going to do. I had a lot of fear to preach the gospel but now I see the bigger picture. In many ways the Lord shapes us. It may take a year to shape us or it might take our whole lives but everyday we are trying to become like him. We make mistakes but that doesnt mean that we dont have hope. The Lord helps us out so much and sometimes we forget to thank him for the people we are right now. I felt like a year ago I was an 18 year old that didnt really know what to do with his life. But now I see what our heavenly father wants me to do. It is something so amazing and big I cant explain the feeling. Well back to the contacting. I have had many moments in my mission where I had to contact a lot. So many different children of our heavenly father. So many souls that we need to help. It is something overwhelming but the expirence is something that makes it all worth it. Well this week we were contacting and we ran into these two women. It kind of caught me by surprise cause my companion just stopped in his steps and started talking to these random people. We had an appointment we had to get to but we contacted them. They were really good people and really wanted to hear the message. We start to talk to them of what they want to do in this life and what they want to accomplish. They told us that they wanted more unity with their families. What a great moment to testify about the eternal family. So we start teaching about that and they seem like they want to hear more. We have an appointment this week with them and I am excited to see how that goes. This week has been great and I am so happy to be teaching everyday. Well this letter is going to be a little short but I love you all and hope you have a good week. Also happy birthday to Brooks this week. I am sorry that I dont know what day it was but I know that it was this week or the next week. I hope that he knows that I love him and I hope that he knows who I am. haha Wow one year and when I get back he will almost be 2. How crazy. Also to answer your question dad. That is Lomo Saltado and it is super good. I love it and I hope you will be able to cook it. Also Jacky and Jasmin are cousins and they are doing great. They went to an activity and loved it so that is really great. Well that is all your questions I think but I love you all and talk to you next week.
Elder Nieman
Zone Central
No comments:
Post a Comment