Monday, October 5, 2015

October 5, 2015

Well this week was really good and right now Elder Licota has left. It is kind of weird to see someone go home. I feel like it is really awesome that he has completed his mission and it was really great to learn some new things from him. He was a really good companion but now I am just waiting to hear who is my next companion. Like always it makes me a little nervous but I am sure that my next companion is going to be awesome. Well all this week has been full of goodbyes and just full of my companion saying I am going home in 2 days and you are going to be staying in the mission. hahahah He is a funny dude and really I am still so happy to be in the mission cause I know that my mission isnt over yet. Well this week was really great to ponder in the things that were said in General Confernce. I was so pumped to hear every single speaker and I have learned so much. I am so grateful for Thomas Monson and he is truely a prophet of god. The talk that I really liked was of course Elder Holland. He always makes his talks so powerful and I am so happy to have you in my life mom. I think that every missionary started to cry because they all started to think of their moms. I hope you know that I am thinking about you a lot mom. But wow it was a really good talk. And finally I loved the talk from Elder Bednar. My homeboy that I know personally. hahaha It was really cool to hear him speak and think that he has come to this mission to talk to us. The thing that I really liked about his talk was that he has so much love for his friends. He knows without a doubt that the 12 apostles and Thomas Monson are called of God. Every word they say comes from God and that is such a great oppurtunity to hear what our father in heaven wants us to hear. It was really powerful and it touched my heart and also it got me pumped up to start preaching the gospel because I am called of God also. But wow that was a really good conference and now I only have one more left. How crazy is that but right now I just have to work my butt off.

Well also this week we were able to teach Jacky and Jasmin. They are super awesome and the lesson we had was amazing. But there is always something that happens in the lesson when the devil tries to get in the way. haha it was kind of funny but the next time we will get the job done. Well we were teaching about faith and we were going to get to baptism. The spirit was so awesome and strong and I was thinking throughout all the lesson that we are going to give them a baptismal date. haha Well when the time got to the moment where we were going to put the date.... something happend that made me so mad but it was actually kind of funny. Well outside their room is a bar. And usually a lot of college students go there to get their drink on. haha Well right as we started to say will you be baptized on this date, the college students put on this loud music and started to scream and shout and started to scream really bad words. hahahahah I was so mad and I tried really hard not to laugh but I couldnt hold it in. My companion started to laugh and then me and then everyone in the room. hahah I was so mad but in that moment and right now that I think of it,,, It is really funny. But that is ok cause this week we are going to set a date for them and I know they are going to accept. I have learned so many times that the spirit is so important in this work and every lesson we should try to invite the spirit every time. I love feeling his presence and I love the feelings I get when I feel it. It is something that is really hard to explain but it is so wonderful. Well that is all for this week and I just want to say to all of you that I love the heck out of you all and I hope you have a wonderful week this week.
Elder Nieman
 Watching General Conference
Saying good-bye to Elder Licota

No comments:

Post a Comment