Monday, October 19, 2015

October 19, 2015

Well this week was pretty amazing and I just felt the spirit a lot this week. First, hahaha I misjudged my companion completely because he is the funniest person I have ever met. Really I dont think I have laughed this much in my whole mission. He still is a pretty weird dude but now I just think he is getting super funny. haha Or it just might be me getting weird. Well either one I am just happy. Well I really love the miracles that always happen in the mission. I cant believe that I have the oppurtunity to help so many people here in Peru. This week we have been just working super hard and I just feel like we are gaining a lot of confidence with the people we are working with. This week we really focused on service. I believe that we made it a goal to help every person that was struggling with their bags or just climbing the stairs here. There are so many stairs here it is so crazy and steep but I love it. Sometimes the people here have to carry all their things and all the things that they bought up these stairs. So what we did was every time we saw someone carrying their stuff we would go over and help them. haha it was kind of funny because sometimes they would say no I can do it I can do it, but all we would do is start to take their bags out of their hands. hahahaha I am not sure if they found that funny or if they were very grateful but hey we did it anyway because we are missionaries and we want to help everyone. Well we did so many contacts this week and I really feel good with all the contacts that we have done. I really felt happy and I am pretty sure the people softened their hearts. We found some new investigators this week also and I see some really good potential with them. One of the contacts that we had was with two siblings. Maraleni and Raul. We started to contact them and they started to explain that Raul wasnt married but was living with his partner and with Maraleni she had her husband pass away about 5 years ago. We started to teach them all about the family and started to show them the family A proclamation to the world. They didnt think that marriage was important but when they were reading they started to tell us that it was something that they needed to do and they wanted to learn more and more about the gospel and the church. Also we offered to give service. They needed help so we went again another day. The service was pretty fun because we had to destroy a part of a house and also a little hill. haha But wow when we finished with the service we started to teach them about the gospel and how the family can be together forever. It was so amazing because they were so accepting and humble to the message. They want to learn more about what father in heaven wants them to do. I love the gospel and I feel a peace when I teach it. That was such an amazing experience and I cant wait to meet with them again. Well I love the spirit and all the things that we teach and learn in the gospel. My testimony is growing every day and now I am at a point were I cant stop learning. There are so many things and I cant wait to learn more in my life. Well that is all for this week and I hope you guys have a wonderful week. I love you all foreverrrrrrrrr

Elder Nieman
 Elder Mamani and I
 We went painting
 Us with our funny hats haha!
 As promised Mom...we played with the silly string!
Well we cleaned our room and this came out of one of our blankets!

No comments:

Post a Comment