Monday, April 18, 2016

April 18, 2016

This week was pretty good. Just working our butts off and really seeing people change their lives. Well just to tell you guys we have two people that are being prepared to be baptized. One is Roxanna and the other is Sixto. haha Really wierd name but hey he is awesome. Roxanna is really great but has some questions about the church and some doubts. She is getting really close to her date and really I feel like she will reach her goal. She has a kid that got baptized a little while back and she is just super humble. Also we are teaching Sixto, the wierdo, hahahaha no he is super awesome but he says some things that just make me laugh super hard. haha but he has his family and we are hoping that when he gets baptized, it will encourage his family to be baptized too. We will see with that but I really do think that they can accomplish it. Well just keep on praying for them and I will keep on praying for them also. Wow this week was really good but then we did have moment really sad. Well we had a missionary night in the church and everything was super awesome. We taught and we ended the night. Well after everyone left, a man came up to us and started to say he was from Cuzco. He was a bishop in his ward and he came to Lima with his wife because his wife wasnt doing so well. His wife had cancer and also had a lot of other problems. He was explaining that he just came back from the hospital saying goodbye to his wife maybe for the last time. Something that hit me was that during all of this he was telling us, he was being super strong and just showing his faith in his father in heaven. He told us that it is weird to have these moments but he had always felt the spirit in those moments. He decided that he wanted a blessing of comfort. So to be honest I was really afraid if he was going to pick me because really I was speechless when he was telling us all of these things. Well he wanted me to give him the blessing. So I start to give the blessing and I could literally hear the things that I needed to say to this man. He knew the plan of God and it struck me so hard how strong he was handling all of this. I can testify that our heavenly father talks to us through the holy ghost and really if we listen we can help so many people that are struggling. That was something that was truely amazing and I probably wont see that man ever again. But it was just a blessing and a honor to give a blessing to that man. I know that there is a plan and it is Gods plan, he loves us and wants us to be sure of where we are going to be. Well that was something that I really liked in this week. It gave me more comfort and I hope it gave that man more comfort also. Well that is what happend this week and I feel like these next weeks are going to be awesome. Well love you all and if you need anything or have a question just ask away. ahha oki loves and Chau
Elder Nieman

No comments:

Post a Comment