Well this week has been super great. hahah there has been a lot of things that have been happening. But the biggest thing was that Angie got baptized. Her name is actually spelled Anyi but I wrote that so that you can pronounce her name good. But wow that was super awesome because she wanted me to baptize her too. It was super awesome but I am sorry because 2 times it has happend that my pictures got erased and I dont want that to happen again. I will try my best to send pictures but if not then ok. hahah but wow that was a night that I will always remember. She has a strong testimony in the gospel and even though her family didnt want her to be baptized, she followed through and she made the convenant with our heavenly father. Thank you for your prayers because they honestly worked. But really every time when they share their testimony, it is one of the moments I feel the spirit so strongly in my mission. She was explaining that before the baptism she felt something really weird and she had a lot of nerves. But something that I like to do before every baptism is that I like to say a prayer in the baptismal font. When she was praying she explained in her testimony that she felt like God was by her side and she just got super calm. She started to say that she knew that the church was true and she told everyone that she wants her family to listen to us. Her family was present in that moment and wow after the baptism they came up to us and said they wanted to start listening to the lessons and wanted to learn. It was kind of funny because we have tried to talk to them but really they didnt want anything with the church. But now we have an appointment with them and they seem pretty ready to learn. I am so happy for Anyi and I feel like she is going to be a wonderful member in the church. She is going to learn so much and I hope that she can continue learning. Well that was the highlight of the week. Oh and I guess my birthday was pretty awesome and we did a lot of things. hahaha I lit off the confetti in our room and now our room is super dirty. hahahaha I have a video of that but I cant send it to you guys because it is a little big. But wow that was super awesome and I cant believe I am 20. I am so grown up ahhaah I want to cry. nooooooo because I am a man and men dont cry. hahaha but wow it was super awesome and this year they didnt throw eggs at me luckily. haha But this week was pretty great and also this next week is going to be great because we have another baptism planned for this week. Kenny went to the baptism of Anyi and he told us after that he wants to get baptized. He is super awesome because he is going to institute. He really wants to learn and he is really chosen. But we still need your prayers and we will see how it goes. Well I love you all and thank you for all the birthday wishes. I will talk to you guys next week and i hope everything goes great for you guys in this week.
Love you all
Elder Nieman
Anyi's baptism
Anyi and us
Cake time!
No comments:
Post a Comment