so just to start off, I am sorry that I am not capitalizing my letters. the button here doesnt work. hahahaha but wow this week was amazing and I really got to work hard especially when it was the new year. Oh and happy new year to everyone. wow 2016 it is so crazy how time has gone by so fast. well some really crazy things happend this week but to start off is that we worked super super hard. i have a new companion and his name is elder Nuñez. He is awesome and really he is ready to work hard with me. He is from Iquitos also. hahaha I have no idea why but I have had a lot of companions from the jungle. haha but he talks super cool. haha He is the only member in his family and he has a big testimony. It is super cool to get to know so many people. but wow this week we just started with fire. haha we contacted a lot of people in the streets and usually that was a hard thing to do last year at new years because normaly the people love to drink here. haha funny story, we were walking and we hear this music. we start to walk and we see two men that were drunk by a window and they were on the top floor. well they see me and start yelling gringo gringo. haha it was funny and I just started to wave and started to say whats up. haha and then they started to say that it was really bad to drink and they shouldnt be doing those things. so I just hold up my book of mormon and started to point at my book of mormon. when I did that they start to yell wooowoow that is a servant of god. hahahaha that was super funny and we just kept on rolling after that. well this week we found a lot of people and I see this transfer is going to be full of work. we are working with a family and their names are raquel, arturo and leonardo. they are super humble people and it was so awesome to see them progress. they have been coming to church and they have been accepting the gospel. well this week raquel was telling us about what was happening to her son arturo before we were teaching them. she told us that he didnt believe in god and was being a rebel. she was taking him to a priest. but every time they talked to the priest he just got worse and worse. so finally she was talking with our pension and our pension gave us the reference and we went. she said to us that the first time that we went to her house almost immediatly her son changed. he started to smile and started to get more interested. these last couple of weeks we have been going to his house and the things we have left for him to read, he has begun to teach us about the gospel. haha He teaches us and we listen. Isnt that funny but then he also told us that he wants to be a missionary like us too. wow that is so amazing to see someone change like that. they have a baptismal date for the 23rd of January. i feel good about them and I believe that they are going to accomplish it. but we will see, we just need to pray a lot and hope that they can achieve that goal. well that is all that has been happening in this week. I love you guys so much and wow it was awesome to talk to you guys. I hope that your week is good and I will talk to you next week. also sorry but I dont think I want to send pictures now because the computer erased almost all my pictures. ohhh wow that sucks. hahahahah but I will try to get something worked out. haha
Love you all
elder Nieman
Foto Navidad - Central and Santa Anita zones
No comments:
Post a Comment