Monday, January 25, 2016

January 25, 2016

Wow this week was really awesome. It was awesome for a lot of reasons but it was super awesome because arturo and leonardo got baptized. Like I said their mom Raquel needs to have a little more time but she is going to be baptized the 6th. But wow the baptisms of Arturo and Leonardo was super awesome. I had the chance to baptize Leonardo and Hermano Canchari my pension got to baptize Arturo. That was super fun but super crazy because they were so excited to be baptized they wouldnt keep still. haha Especially with leonardo. haha He was shaking super bad and he was just ready to get baptized. But when we were in the water I decided to say a prayer with him so that he would stop shaking so bad. haha it was kind of funny because the water was freezing and he just was super nervous. Well we start to say the prayer and by the end he was still and quiet and he was ready to be baptized. Also when I baptized him I felt like he was super calm and when he came out of the water he just had a big smile on his face. That was super awesome to see but after that he wanted to stay in the water a little longer. hahaha So I had to lift him out of the water and that just made me laugh so much because he wanted to stay in the freezing cold water but finally he got out and we started to change. After the baptism it was time to give their testimonies. Arturo got up and started to say the things that he felt and wow did I feel the spirit so strong because he has changed so much and he told us that he wants to plan to be a missionary when he gets older. He felt the spirit too and started to cry but he was super strong and that was amazing to see. Leonardo was a little bit more shy and didnt really want to get up and say something. But I gave him my plaque and when he put it on he went up and started to say what he felt and all of a sudden he just stops talking for like a minute. I think he was thinking about the covenant that he made with god and he started to say I want to be a missionary too and I want to be a better person. He felt the change take place in his life in that moment. He felt the spirit and started to testify of the things that he felt. Really that moment was something that I will cherish forever because I felt so happy that these two brothers felt the spirit and I just saw that they were so happy to do that. Something that hit me this week is that the spirit can touch anybody's heart and I am so happy to have had experienced that. I love the work and I am so happy that I am having these moments almost every day. I have never felt so happy in my life. I am here to represent Jesus Christ and through his power I am here to change lives. I love this chance to know these people that I have never known in my life before. This week was super great and I hope this week goes wonderful for everyone back at home. Well that is all for this week and I am super pumped. hahaha I love the heck out of all of you and Hope your week is awesome.
Elder Nieman
 Arturo y Leonardo baptism day
 After the baptism
 Leonardo with Elder Nieman's plaque. He wants to be a missionary someday :)
Me with one of the coolest people ever. She is super small and always has a smile on her face when we pass.

No comments:

Post a Comment