You never know what you will get each week in the mission but this week was pretty awesome. Actually this was the last week of the transfer and we are going to find out the transfers after this. Kind of nervous but yeah I will get over that. haha Well a lot of things happend once again. The biggest thing that happend was that we were able to see one of our converts go to the temple to do baptisms for the dead. Something really awesome about our mission is that we have the temple in our mission. A lot of missionaries dont have the oppurtunity we have but we get to carry our converts to the temple and be witnesses for the baptisms for the dead. And wow was it amazing. The temple is so awesome inside and really I wish the temple was my house. haha But it was super cool to see our convert Natalie go to the temple and do this service for the dead. She got to do baptisms for the dead for her grandmother and aunts and also a member did baptisms for her grandpa and other people. Something happend in the temple that day. I felt the spirit so strong and something happend when natalie exited the font. She told us that when she exited the font she saw her grandparents sitting in the chairs and they were all smiling at her and she felt so much peace and comfort from that expirence. Wow that is kind of freaky but really awesome that they recieved their baptism.I know that through the temple we can help the testimonies of many converts. She is so happy right now and her testimony is growing each and every day. Woooo that was really amazing and I cant wait to do that again.
Another thing that happend or the thing I want to talk about is how much I love giving priesthood blessings. Every time I give one I always think of all the blessing I have recieved and just think how special it is that I get to help people with the power of God. Well this week we went to a house that had a man that was very sick. He couldnt stand and he was lied down in his bed. We decided to give him a blessing and really when I gave him the blessing something rushed through my body and through my heart. I love that feeling and when I was blessing I felt like he was recieving comfort and also health. I hope he gets better. I know that he will get better someday if he trusts in God and also the power of God. I love giving blessings and really I am so happy that I have the priesthood. The spirit I feel every time is something that I will cherish for the rest of my life. It is so crazy that I can do so many things with the priesthood but I have to remember how sacred it is. I love it so much. Well that is really all that happend this week and I just love reading all of the letters that I get. If you guys have any questions for me, go ahead and ask me and dont be afraid to send me letters because I read them all and try to respond to all of them. Well I love you all and I will talk to you next week.
Elder Nieman
Temple Day - baptisms for the dead
My companion, Elder Ojeda and I
My district
Hahahaha! Jharol drew me a picture with a beard and a mustache. Haha! I need to shave more often!
No comments:
Post a Comment