Monday, January 5, 2015

January 5, 2015

Yeah well it is 2015 and it is really weird to say. There isnt a doubt in my mind that this year will be amazing but also the toughest year out of my whole life. When it turned to year 2015 I kind of freaked out. haha Cause that is what I do all the time. I freaked out because that just reminds me I have a bunch of time left. But really is that a problem? I am here serving the lord and helping others and sharing the gospel with others. Why is it so hard. Well I havent really made any true new year goals but this year I have made some goals that I think are going to help me and also just change my work in different kinds of ways. The hardest part of the mission so far is being away from my family and friends. But now I am starting to realize that some of the hardest parts of the mission is seeing people have problems and not seeing your investigators progress. I learned a very strong lesson this week and I will never make this mistake again. I have this inactive man and his family and they have been doing so great on coming to church and just being obedient. Well when I felt like they were ready to go on their own and to not visit them as much that is where the problem came in. I am not going to go into details because of the respect of the family but after that I just felt horrible. I promised myself that this year I was going to try my hardest to become the missionary every one wants me to be. I will never forget about anyone or never stop teaching the gospel. I know through this gospel I can help others feel love, faith, and the truth of this gospel. I know I can get that family back on track and I am going to try my hardest to do so. Always learning in the mission.

Well sorry for the sad and depressing story but I needed to let you guys know because I think this is a turning point in my mission and it will help me throughout my mission. Well anyways for the happy and stuff that brings smiles to peoples faces. We have two baptisms this week and one of them is today. Today we have Brisa. She is 9 years old and her uncle is baptizing her. It is going to be so great to see her fulfill a step in the plan of salvacion. Also Alysia is getting baptized on saturday. I believe I will be the one baptizing her and I am super pumped. It is so awesome to see people progress and that is where I find the greatest happiness in the mission. Well that is all I think that happend this week so I will talk to you guys next week.

Love you all forever

Elder Nieman
Ps You know how they light up so many fireworks on Christmas and I said to you guys that there were so many and it was crazy. Well New years there was so much more and really I thought I was going to die. So many FIREWORKS. But yeah that was really cool to watch.
 This is Ti Tako. He is a Peruvian old man that speaks Quacha. The other language in Peru. I am learning some words and he says that a lot of missionaries learn the language on their missions and I want to be one of those.
 Wow! Yeah does this need a description?
There was so much more and it was crazy!

No comments:

Post a Comment