Well today is probably my last day in Andahuaylas. I feel excited but then I feel really sad. So many good people are here and yesterday I realized I have grown a strong relationship with all the members and investigators. I heard that leaving the first area is always the hardest but then it gets better after that. I also heard that it goes much faster. I cant believe that I am done with my first area. Also I almost have a half a year. That is really weird to think about cause really I felt like it flew by. Well the thing about the mission is if you are putting all your effort and all you heart into the work it is going to go by so fast. When I talk to people who have 20 months, they tell me that it is so fast and that I need to take this time to work. This time in the mission is sacred and if we waste it, then we are wasting the Lords time. That is not good. haha but a lot of this week I was thinking of the people and the memories I have had in Andahuaylas. I really dont want to leave but that is how it is, haha and I might stay in my area for another transfer but that is really unlikely. But if I do stay then I will be kind of embarrased to write you guys back the next week. I will say oh you know that amazing letter I wrote about my old area. Well.... I am staying in Andahuaylas. hahaha I will laugh super hard. I might not respond to you guys cause I am super embarassed. haha No I will write back. But in this area I have learned so many lessons about life in this area and learned how to become more like a man. So many trials and problems but I pushed through and here I am. I feel stronger and it feels good to feel this way. I also feel like I learned so much about the gospel of Jesus Christ. When I was in Smithfield I didnt realize very well how important this gospel is. I was a bit of a fool. haha but really I have learned so much and I have more time to study and learn much more of this gospel. I love it. Well I want to tell you guys that all the members here are amazing but the best person I have met here in Andahuaylas is Walle. The husband of my pensionista. He has gotten me through so much and I felt like I could tell him anything and he would help me out with anything. Walle has taught me so much and he is one of the people that I am truely grateful to have in this mission. When I leave tomorrow it is going to be so hard cause he is honestly such a great friend and I am going to miss everything that he taught me. He is honestly the reason why I have become stronger. It is amazing to meet a person like him. And who knows I might return and say hello to him when I am done with my mission but wow this place is amazing. But now is the time for change and for me to start teaching and getting to know more people. I cant wait to do amazing things cause I know I will because the lord is with me always. I remember Joni gave me a card that has Jesus on it and it says I am with you always. I have taped that to my book of mormon that I carry always. It gives me comfort and it is great to have. Well I think that is really all that happend this week but I will have to write you next week about my new area or if I stayed. But I love you all and really the gospel is great.
Elder Nieman
Love you all forever
PS Oh yeah it was really crazy because we saw a robber running away from these two fat cops. It was kind of really funny. Oh and by the way mom I am completely safe so dont worry. (:
This is the gym we go to
I feel like I'm chunking up so please just ignore the fatness and look at the pretty sunset. haha!
No comments:
Post a Comment