Monday, January 12, 2015

January 12, 2015

This week was good and just plain horrible. haha but really that is what comes with the mission and I am very thankful for the horrible things... sometimes. But wow this week was my first baptism and it was so cool to see someone we have been teaching be baptized. Brisa was baptized last monday by her uncle. haha It was really scary cause they were taking a while to arrive to the church but they ended up coming. It was really crazy cause her dad is catholic and all of them came in these red and pink dresses. I guess when catholics get baptized they wear those. But really it was so amazing cause every time we taught brisa she seemed like she didnt have a testimony. She is 9 years old and it was super hard to teach her because she wouldnt pay attention and just it was horrible and took a lot of patience. When she was baptized and she stood up and bore her testimony woooooww. The spirit was so strong and I could tell that the spirit was with her. It was super great and I think her testimony made her dad a little interested to listen to our message. Everybodys testimony can change any person. I encoarage all of you to share your testimony with a non member or just anyone cause that testimony can change many lives. Amazing and I cant wait to baptize more people. Well that was the good and the bad of this week was that Alicia wasnt baptized. The night of her interview with the district leader she told him that she wasnt ready and she wasnt prepared. That really hurt and really I never felt so sad before. Ok maybe I have felt more sadness in my life but I had a hard time accepting that she wasnt going to be baptized. She told us that she was going to get baptized but she needed to know more. Which is kind of hard when we have taught her everything but that is just part of this mission. Her new baptismal date is on the 7th of febrero. Which I probably wont be there to see her get baptized cause most likely I will be transfered. That is ok cause I can say when she gets baptized that I taught her and I will be very happy for her. But woow this week has been up and down. But mostly good. It is really good to learn from my mistakes and things that just happen in the mission. I have been having a blast and really I love spanish and teaching people. I wish I could talk better but I am having so much fun learning. I hope you all remember that this is the plan of god and we are here for a purpose. It is glorious and I cant wait to live with all of you and my saviour and my god in heaven forever. It will be great and I cant wait for that day. Everytime we listen to Glorious or We can be together forever someday it just makes me so happy cause this life is only a step. I cant wait for the Celistial Kingdom and cant wait for the days of happiness. So many things are great right now and my testimony is growing every day.
Yeah but I love you all and love all the prayers and letters
les quiero
Chow Elder Nieman
 Baptism Day for Brisa. It was so amazing.
Filling up the drinks with Brisa's little sister. haha! 

No comments:

Post a Comment