Monday, November 24, 2014

November 23, 2014

I keep on saying it every week and I am sorry if you are getting sick of hearing it but everything is going so fast. I really cant describe how quick everything is going. I am staying super busy with walking and teaching and walking and teaching. I have actually really gotten used to being tired. haha It was really weird cause I forgot it was thanksgiving this week. I didnt even figure it out until I looked at the calender and it was the third thursday. I thought it was at the begining of the month. It is just going by so fast but then again I have my days where it feels so long. This week was so good and I feel my tounge being loosed. Also I just understand a lot better than I did before. A lot of things happend this week and I might not be able to tell you all of them in the time I have but I will try. This week we had a multizona and Elder Wadell from the quorum of the seventy came and spoke to us. He was so tall and I think he was bigger than Presidente Boswell. Well it was so awsome to have him come and just talk in spanish for 5 hours. haha My head hurt so bad after that but amazingly I heard every word and understood it. Before he talked he shook everyones hand and that was a pretty cool thing. He was super funny and it just seemed like he really cared about what our problems were. Everything he said helped me appreciate more of the things I am doing on this mission. It really made my whole week a lot better. That was probably the best thing that happend this week but also we had a baptism. Elder Martinez baptized this little peruvian boy named Nickolas. He was so young but his testimony was amazing. Before he was baptized my ward mission leader turned to me and asked if I could teach a lesson on the holy ghost. I accepted but I was really nervous to talk cause it is spanish and I dont really like spanish right now. haha but when I started to talk the words just came to my mouth and I said what I wanted to say. After I was done with the lesson everyone had tears in their eyes. I am so thankful for the spirit and really if I go through all my mission without a baptism and it is just me teaching with the spirit and having others feel the spirit, I will be totally fine with that. It makes me so happy and I have never expirenced this happiness before. This week was really good for me to understand that it doesnt matter how many baptisms you have, it is just having people feel the spirit. Dont get me wrong baptisms are great and really that is why I am here but I like to focus on having people feel the happiness I feel each day. I am so thankful to be serving a mission right now.

I might not be able to get through all your questions mom but I will try. If I dont today then you can just ask me on christmas. I think that will be easier. But anyways, I probably walk 30 miles or even more each day. It depends on how many lessons we have. We take a bus to the church but that is really the only time we do. When we conducta, that is going door to door and asking people if they want to hear the message we have. There are 4 others that are in our ward which is our district. On my P day we either go somewhere like a market or play soccer and I heard that we get to go to some ruins some time so that will be fun. When we went to the temple that was on a thursday and we got up in morning and went to the session. Well I am running out of time but I love you all and keep on writing me cause I read all of them and I try to respond to all of them.
Love Elder Nieman
 Ward mission leaders and other ward leaders
 Spider in a box...they get bigger!
 Millie, our pensionista's daughter. She's adorable and really likes to make this face
Hanging out on the rooftops

No comments:

Post a Comment