Monday, November 3, 2014

November 3, 2014

This week was good and really nothing really happend that was really amazing but I am just going to talk until I feel like there is enough words. This part is mostly for mom cause I know it will make her feel good. Last week in my letter to the mission president I said I was having a rough time with adapting to new stuff and learning the language and just a bunch of other things. I thought that he only read a couple letters each week and didnt really respond to any of the letters. Well that night we get a call. Haha we kind of freaked out cause we were jamming out to Motab but on the caller ID was Presidente Boswell. My companion answers and gives the phone to me. haha I was feeling like I did something wrong but when I answered I heard his voice and he says helloooo Elder Nieman, it is so good to hear your voice. haha my mission president is really the best and he has helped me so much already with so many things. He talked to me for about 30 minutes saying I have only been in Peru for a month and of course the language isnt here yet. But if I pray and study and work hard it will come. I also learned that he reads all the missionaries emails each week. All 230 missionaries. He stays up until 12 in the night reading and praying on what he can do to help. He is really the nicest person anyone can meet and really shows christlike behavior everyday. I wanted to tell you this cause I am being taken care of. I have so many people here in Peru that are helping me. My pension, my companion and other missionaries are here for me. It really makes me feel so good and I am so happy to be serving in this mission.

This week was really good and I am trying to think of things that happend but I will just write down some little things cause I cant really think. Oh Happy birthday to my man Tatum. 4 years old and really I cant believe how big he is getting. When I get back it is going to be so weird to see him. I hope he knows his uncle josh loves him and I hope he knows that I am going to be there for all his other birthdays. Also happy birthday to my awesome sister shellie on the 6th. You are truely an amazing sister and I wish I could be there and say happy birthday but hey I can do that in 2 years. hahaha Shellie I dont know why but you always think I dont know your birthday. Happy birthday to my sister on the 9th of november. haha I love you.

This week was really good cause I actually felt like I was teaching pretty good. The more I learn spanish the more I think english is a really weird language. haha but spanish is really weird but it's really simple. The problem is just memorizing words and putting them into grammer. Back to the teaching we taught this guy named Cesar. He had a lot of doubts and really had a hard time with understanding. We taught him lesson 1 and throughout the lesson I saw his face change and really the spirit was with us. I taught a lot that lesson which is really good for practice but it really felt like I was pretty fluent. There was a time in the lesson were Elder Alacama was saying the first vision. It was really cool to see this man with doubts just change like that. When Elder Alacama said this is my beloved so hear him I saw the change in him and now he is super interested he came to church on sunday and really I feel like he is going to be baptized soon.

Well everything is going great and even though we are kind of in a slump with baptisms, I enjoy everyday and I love to teach. Especially when I can get the words out I want to say. Oh yeah and if you guys are getting tired of looking at my beautiful face and you want me to send a picture of member or ugly dogs or other things I see just tell me. Well I think that is a pretty good sized letter. Tell me if you want more information or just ask anything and I will answer them.

Love you all forever
Elder Nieman
 In front of our church
This was really weird. It had the texture of slime.

No comments:

Post a Comment