Monday, August 17, 2015

August 17, 2015

Hahaa the mission is so funny because one week I am so down but this week was absoulutly amazing. My heart is full of joy for the oppurtunity to share this gospel. Well the big news that happend this week is that Yolanda got baptized and even better her husband got to baptize her. This week was a little hard because it was full of mixed emotions. But the lord always finds a way to help his children. Yolanda came to us on monday and told us straight up that she wants to be baptized. She told us that when she was studying the bible and the book of mormon she felt a joy in her heart and felt the spirit of the lord. The promptings told her that she should be baptized and should join the church of Jesus Christ. That made us so happy when she said that and really we started to plan out her baptism right then and there. Well the day passes and we go to teach her and then she tells us that she doesnt feel so sure if she should be baptized. She left the room in tears and that feeling was horrible and really I thought we werent going to have a baptism this week. haha Well something happend that was so amazing and probably one of the craziest things i have ever heard. When we left, she started to pray and started to think of the things we have taught and then she fell asleep. haha but she had a dream that showed Jesus Christ and it showed Jesus Christ stretching out his hand to her. And all of a sudden she woke up and Immediatly started looking for a picture of Jesus. She searched for pictures from her church and then from our church. She started telling her husband that she needs to find the Jesus that she saw in her dream and She searched and searched for pictures. Well finally she left her room and when she left there was a picture of Jesus Christ hanging in the other room. She told us that she had a moment looking at the picture and finally burst into tears. Her husband comes to see what is wrong but she starts saying this is him.. this is him. Wow how crazy is that. Well she was interviewed and this saturday she was baptized. That was truely amazing to see her get baptized because she has come so far. It was a true change of heart because she didnt make the decision because her husband is mormon or that we were teaching her, or that her family is a different religion but she made the decision between her and God. She is truly going to be an amazing member of the church and I am just so happy for her. And now she has been telling us that she is very interested in the temple. I know that they are going to get sealed in the temple someday and that day is going to be so special. I love the gospel and Love being a missionary. I have the oppurutnity to see miracles and change peoples hearts. I absoultly love all of you and I hope this week has been great for all of you. Well I am going to continue with the email that I sent mom and dad last week,,,,, oooooooooooooooooooooooooo we are half way there, woooooooooooooooooooooo living on a prayer... take my hand we will make it I swear........ wooooooooooooooooo living on a prayer. haha sometimes I laugh at how weird I am sometimes. haha but yeah it is weird that I am halfway there but I am so happy to give it my all in this next year. I love you all and I hope your week will be amazing.

Elder Nieman
 Hermana Yolanda and her husband
 Woooo Woooooo Hump Dayyee!
A big day for baptisms
Elders in my zone

No comments:

Post a Comment