Monday, February 23, 2015

February 23, 2015

Well this week was about the second hardest week in my mission. haha no but it was a little dificult but all you have to say to yourself is be patient in all things and the rest will come. Well I feel really great for the oppurtunity to serve so many people and for the many people that I will teach. This week we didnt teach as much as we wanted but holy crap did we contact so many people. Honestly I love contacting and meeting new people. At the beginning of my mission I hated contacting but it is so much fun to get to know a person. I love talking in spanish to them and just teaching little lessons on the street. Haha but that most fun part of contacting is when you dont notice the person is drunk and you go and approach them. haha It is pretty funny sometimes cause they talk so crazy and just are too funny. This week we found so many people to teach and I have a pretty cool expirence from contacting. Ok so in my area there are a bunch of stairs and they are so steep and very horrible for my legs to climb. It is like the stairs from the emperors new groove. haha but as we start up the stairs we see all these men dropping off a big house. And by that I mean a house that is only made out of 4 big boards and are very dificult to carry. Well we pass them and we go to one of our appointments and when we were done we start going down the stairs. At the bottom we see the huge boards and the men are all gone and there are only 3 women. Haha I know it is bad to think this but my companion said oh lets go another way cause they are going to ask us to help them. haha I know my companion was joking but I just said no lets just go down. So when we pass the women of course they ask us to carry these huge boards or their house all the way up the stairs. ahhhhhhhhh My body literally felt so numb. haha but we accepted and we picked them up and oh boy were they heavy. Well we start going up and we place the boards where they want us to put them. It was so hard and it was kind of like a football workout in my shirt and tie. haha Well after that we start saying we are missionaries of the church of Jesus Christ of latter day saints and we have a message very important about Jesus Christ and his gospel. They start saying oh yeah we have heard from the missionaries before and we really like your church. haha That was kind of a miracle cause normally people just say oh I am busy right now. But we start to teach them and wow they are really amazing people. They said the missionaries stopped coming because sometimes when missionaries transfer some of the investigators get lost because they leave and new missionaries come. Well I feel really good about that and I am super excited to start teaching them again and I know pretty soon they will come to know the truth. It is super awesome to because if we would have said no to them then they wouldnt have heard the message. I am so grateful for the holy ghost and so happy that it told me to keep on going down the stairs and do service for those women. The mission is freaking awesome. haha Well that is all that really happend this week and really me and my companion are best buds right now. Even though we dont know the area that well we are working hard and doing work with a smile on our faces. It is an amazing work and I love it. And to answer your questions I am living with Elder Cardenas from Columbia Bogata and Elder Sands from Florida. My companion has 11 months in the mission and he is from Cahmarca Peru. And also here in Chosica is super hot all the time and sometimes it rains. That is why I was wearing a sweater in one of my pictures. oh and it is really cool too cause when it rains hard here they have these things called huaycos. They are like flash floods and it is really cool to see.... But dont worry I am safe. haha Well I love you all and I really want you all to know the love I have for everyone. The church is trueeeeee.
Love ya a ton
les quiero mucho
Elder Nieman
 Emperor's New Groove stairs...I don't think this shows how steep the stairs really were!
I really love my area!

No comments:

Post a Comment