Thursday, September 11, 2014

September 11, 2014



Every week gets going faster and faster and It gets me so so excited to get out of here and start teaching people in Peru. Well this week I got to get out of the CCM¡ My companion has been having some health problems and we had to go to the hospital. He has to get surgery and they are going to be sending him home to get the surgery done. All of that is super sad but it was really nice just to get out of the CCM and see different things. The police here arent afraid to show off their guns. haha oh my gosh but that was really interesting to see. I took some pictures but they arent good cause I wasnt sure if I was allowed to take any pictures so they might be a little... well not good at all. The hospital we went to in Mexico was pretty clean and the doctor we talked to seemed really nice and really seemed like a good doctor. It made me think a lot about if I might get sick and I would have to go home. I wouldnt want to be in that situation at all cause I am working so hard and I would just feel like all of the things I did was for nothing but anyways this week I had my ups and downs. Going out of the CCM was really relaxing and it was really nice to take a break. It made me think of me going out in the field and how much better it will be out in the field just being free to walk to other places other than the streets and buildings I always see in the CCM. The first couple weeks of the CCM were really nice but now it is getting old and I just want to get out. haha. I am pretty happy throughout the days and I think that helps out a lot cause even by smiling and just having so much fun here makes everything so worth it. I met this kid Elder osborne my first week and I forgot to tell his amazing story but I might need to shorten it up a bit. Well he was riding his 4 wheeler and he turned really hard and it rolled on top of him. He was all alone but he had a friend riding somewhere else. Well he started to suffocate and the only thing he had was his pocket knife and so he made the decision to start stabbing himself cause he didnt want to suffocate and die that way. He stabbed himself 12 times and sliced his throat. His friend came and found him before he about died and got some help. His dad gave him a preisthood blessing and prayed so much to our heavenly father. Through all the praying and blessings Elder osbourne survived and is here in the CCM today. The doctors said he couldnt walk ever again but through hard work he learned how to walk. Wow that is so amazing and when he told that story I was just amazed about how God and Jesus Christ can help us through anything. When he told that story I felt like I wanted to come home and I was really just wanting to come home. I think he was prompted to tell that story to me so I could get in my head that I can do this and Heavenly Father will be there for me. Elder Osbourne and me are pretty good friends now and I will have to send a picture of me and him but I dont have it yet.


That is an amazing story and I probably should have ended my letter with that but I am just going to talk more about how my week went. All my week was study study study. Oh and during gym time I do work out sometimes but then I play soccer with the Latinos and that is so much fun. Me and the Latinos are tight and we are all pretty good friends. Just so you know the Latinos dont kill us we have actually one them a couple times and it is just so much fun to play with them. Im not getting fat If that is what you were asking. hahaha but I do have to watch myself cause who knows how much calories are in the food we eat. The only thing that I thought was pretty good was the enchaladas but that is really all there is. ha I will have to get used to all of that when I am in Peru. Oh and the one time we have american food, we have freaking pizza. haha It wasnt that bad but still I do not like Pizza.That is it but Mom and Dad and family and friends I just want to tell you how much I love you all and how your prayers are affecting me more than you know. You guys are great. Haha by the way I am the only one in my district that hasnt recieved a letter. hahaha I am totally fine with that but I dont know whats up with all the mailing service. haha but I read mom and the sisters letters every night and I look at all the pictures that I have and it just really helps me out so much. Haha even though I love this watch that has wonderful diamonds on each corner and I just look fabulous I would like to buy a new one. I am good with whatever you guys want to do. Thank you for just being amazing people in my life that have helped me get through the thick and thin and I just want to thank you for helping me prepare for this. Well one more week and I will be off to Peru. Oh and that is crazy that it has been a month already. Well I guess there is 23 more to go. haha wow. BUt once again I love the heck out of all of you and I love all the emails I am getting from everyone. Dont be afraid to write me cause I do read them all and I try me best to answer everyone that writes me. Well I love you and I will talk to you in a week.


Love Elder Nieman
Here is an awesome dramatic picture of me

 Just to let you know. I can do laundry. ha!
 This is the hospital here
I love pizza. NOT!

1 comment: