These blog posts are the experiences that Elder Joshua Nieman writes about as he serves a two year LDS mission in Lima, Peru. This is one of Elder Nieman's favorite scriptures from the Book of Mormon: "Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever." Alma 26:12
Saturday, August 16, 2014
Temple Day! July 19, 2014
We went through the temple with Joshua today. It was a priceless experience. I knew it would be because of the cherished times that we had with each of our daughters. The feeling of gratitude for my four children who have all chosen the righteous path throughout their young lives was immeasurable. Because of their faithfulness, we had a beautiful experience with all of our children in the temple together. Joshua was very humble and pure as he made the sacred covenants with his Heavenly Father. I was so proud and my heart was so full of joy. It was reminiscent of some of the same feelings I experienced when he was born. An unforgettable moment was when Joshua came into the celestial room with his Mom, Dad, sisters, and bro-in-laws waiting for him. We were the first people he saw as he entered and Grandpa Lowe, Jann and Mark were right behind us. Joshua's eyes sparkled and I could tell he could feel the significance of that moment and the spirit was tangible. Grandma Lowe would not have passed up this choice opportunity to be a part of Joshua's important day and her presence was also strongly felt. As we sat together in the celestial room he mentioned how special that made him feel and his testimony of forever families was strengthened. Joshua took his time to ponder and process the sacredness of what he had just experienced. We all celebrated with a yummy breakfast at Herm's Inn on the Island (one of Joshua's favorite eating establishments :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment